Barracuda Web Security Gateway 810
Unlock the power of the web for your business
Call For Lowest Price!
Our Price: $7,524.00
NEW: Barracuda WSG 610B and 810B models (new SKUs)
Both new models have a 2x web security performance increase from prior models and have a new 10GbE NIC.
There is no change to the subscriptions or subscription SKUs for these new models.
To stay competitive in today’s connected world, you and your team need to interact constantly with web-based resources and applications. Unfortunately, the web is also a vector for malware and advanced threats — not to mention the additional risks of lost productivity and wasted bandwidth.
Barracuda Web Security Gateway lets you enjoy the benefits of web connectivity without the risks. Use dozens of predefined content-filtering categories, or take granular control over web application activity down to the individual user. Integrated social-network activity monitor and antivirus keeps you safe — and the available Advanced Threat Protection uses cloud-based analysis to find and block unknown and zero-day threats before they reach your network.
Constantly evolving capabilities
Barracuda Web Security Gateway is continually updated with the latest malware signatures, suspicious URL listings, and online application functionality. And as new requirements emerge — such as the need to monitor and regulate social-networking activities — upgrading with new capabilities is automatic, and always transparent.
Knowledge is power
Barracuda Web Security Gateway’s intuitive management interface delivers detailed, real-time visibility into network activity and web interactions. This lets you identify users and applications that waste bandwidth and harm productivity, and enforce granular policies to regulate access without impacting legitimate business uses.
Security without boundaries
Enforcing access policies on remote devices that are used off-network is critical for preventing malware intrusions into the network, and for preventing data loss. Barracuda Web Security Gateway includes unlimited licenses for agents and tools that ensure users and devices are protected whenever they access the web — whether they’re on or off your network.
Enforce Corporate Policies
Increase productivity, regulate bandwidth usage, and prevent risky behavior by enforcing granular policies on user activities. The Barracuda Web Security Gateway can control access to web sites, applications, and Web 2.0 platforms based on users, groups, time, bandwidth, and other criteria. SSL-filtering and inspection capabilities provide policy enforcement on social-media and search platforms that are otherwise obfuscated.
Protect Against Web-Based Threats
Keep networks and users safe by blocking spyware downloads, preventing viruses, and restricting requests to malicious websites by leveraging intelligence from thousands of collection points worldwide. Our award-winning antivirus and anti-spyware technologies combine preventive, proactive, and reactive measures to deliver industry-leading content filtering and malware protection.
Monitor Network and User Activity
Gain complete insight into user activity and network threats via an intuitive dashboard and integrated reporting. This clear visibility lets administrators create effective policies and generate proactive alerts to properly respond to threats.
In addition to powerful on-board reporting, you can also deploy a Barracuda Reporting Server.
The Barracuda Reporting Server is a powerful platform that enables unified reporting for Barracuda Web Security Gateways. Designed to meet the demands of reporting on increasing amounts of user and security data, the Barracuda Reporting Server generates accurate, customizable reports in a fraction of the time that it takes built-in reporting engines, while also enabling aggregated reports for multiple connected devices.
Secure Laptops and Mobile Devices
Extend security and policies to remote users. With the Barracuda Web Security Agent, traffic from remote clients can be filtered with the same policies set for on-network users.
Centrally manage the Barracuda Web Security Gateway through the cloud. Configurations on the Barracuda Web Security Gateway are simple and easy-to-deploy ensuring customized network protection is in place in a matter of minutes.
Security and Protection
Barracuda ATP offers Administrators file-type-based control over attachment scanning policies and is used in conjunction with our updated virus scanning engines to maintain complete protection of an organization's network.
The Barracuda Advanced Threat Protection is an optional subscription available with WSG firmware 11.
The Barracuda Web Security Gateway's image/multimedia safe search feature prevents search engines such as Google, Yahoo, and Bing from displaying objectionable thumbnail images in search results. Administrators can also create policies that control web-file downloads based on file type.
Management and Reporting
Interactive reports with multiple layers of drill-down capability can be generated on users’ web browsing activity, by domains and content categories, by time spent online, and/or by bandwidth consumption.
|Form Factor||Desktop||1U Mini||1U Mini||1U Fullsize||2U Fullsize||2U Fullsize||2U Fullsize|
|Dimensions (in)||10 x 2 x 8.3||16.8 x 1.7 x 14||16.8 x 1.7 x 14||16.8 x 1.7 x 22.6||17.4 x 3.5 x 25.5||17.4 x 3.5 x 25.5||17.4 x 3.5 x 27.9|
|AC Input Current (amps)||1.0||1.2||1.4||1.8||4.1||5.4||7.2|
|Ethernet Passthrough||1 x Gigabit||1 x Gigabit||1 x 10 Gigabit||1 x 10 Gigabit||1 x Gigabit1||2 x 10 Gigabit|
|Redundant Disk Array (RAID)||Hot Swap||Hot Swap||Hot Swap||Hot Swap|
|SSL Acceleration Hardware|
|Redundant Power Supply||Hot Swap||Hot Swap||Hot Swap|
|Optional 10GbE Fiber|
|Hardened and Secured OS|
|Advanced Policy Creation|
|Network Threat Protection|
|Malware Detection and Alerting|
|Web Application Control|
|Remote Filtering Agent|
*Also available as virtual appliances for data center environments. Specifications subject to change without notice.
1Optional Model 910B comes with 10Gigabit interface in copper or fiber
2Limited capabilities see link for details https://techlib.barracuda.com/WF/UsingSSLInspection
- HTTP/HTTPS support
- URL filtering by category
- Image and YouTube safe search
- File type blocking
- Anonymous proxy detection
- SSL Inspection (Model 310 and above)
- IM & P2P blocking
- Internet application blocking, including proxy applications (e.g., hotspot shield)
- IP and port blocking
- Google Apps controls
Advanced Policy Creation
- Default guest and user policies
- User and group policy exceptions
- LDAP integration
- Single sign-on user authentication
- Terminal server support
- Local users and groups
- Directory services supported: MSAD, NTLM, Kerberos, LDAP, Google Directory
- Network IP address policies
- Time-of-day policies
- Custom categories
- Bandwidth quotas
- Temporary Access Portal
Network Threat Protection
- Spyware site blocking
- Malware download blocking
- Dual-layer virus protection
- Detection of infection activity
- Spyware protocol blocking
- Web security agent for Mac OS and Windows with client-side SSL inspection
- Global proxy settings
- Chromebook security extension
Advanced Threat Detection
- Available integration with Barracuda ATP service (all models except 210)
- Additional protection against:
– Advanced Persistent Threats
– Polymorphic viruses
– Zero-hour malware
Social Media Control
- Web application control
- Social media monitoring
- Suspicious keyword alerts
- Anti cyber-bullying and anti-terrorism keyword alerts
Barracuda Energize Updates
- Standard technical support
- Firmware and capability updates as required
- Automatic virus and spyware definition updates
- Dynamic URL classification with real time cloud based lookups
Instant Replacement Service
- Replacement unit shipped next business day
- 24x7 technical support
- Hardware refresh every four years
- Web-based interface
- Secure remote administration
- Web acceleration/caching
- VLAN support
Integrated Reporting Engine
- Graphical summaries
- Customizable dashboards
- Detailed user and group reports
- Bandwidth report
- Time/session reporting
- Report scheduling and exporting
- Multiple formats for report exporting
- Malware infection notifications
Barracuda Web Security Gateway FAQ:
Does the Barracuda Web Security Gateway support off-network users?
Yes. The Barracuda Web Security Agent comes with the Barracuda Web Security Gateway 410 and higher models. The Barracuda Web Security Agent is downloadable client software for installation on off-network Windows and Mac computers. The agent provides the same malware protection and policy enforcement as configured on the Barracuda Web Security Gateway appliance. Administrators can configure the agent to either route traffic through a central Barracuda Web Security Gateway or route traffic through a local gateway to lookup policies and enforce rules locally.
Can the Barracuda Web Security Gateway block different sites for different users?
Yes, the Barracuda Web Security Gateway lets administrators customize policies for specific users, groups, and IP address ranges in the organization. Administrators can also establish time ranges for those policies.
Custom policy examples:
- To prevent users from job hunting while at work, create a policy that gives only the human resources group access to job-board sites.
- Defining separate access policies for teachers and students.
- Grant unrestricted web access to compliance officers for investigations.
- The Barracuda Web Security Gateway integrates with LDAP directory servers for user and group membership information. It also integrates with Windows domain controllers for easy user authentication.
What kinds of directory servers are supported?
The Barracuda Web Security Gateway supports any LDAP compatible directory server, including Active Directory, Domino Directory, eDirectory and Open LDAP.
How are users authenticated?
The Barracuda Web Security Gateway supports three types of authentication:
- For Windows domains, the Barracuda Web Security Gateway has Barracuda DC Agent software to install on Windows Domain Controllers. This software monitors Windows login events and maps Windows user names and IP addresses to the Barracuda Web Security Gateway to transparently apply user policy.
- When users try to access a blocked resource, the Barracuda Web Security Gateway displays a page that requests a username and password. This method doesn't require the Barracuda DC Agent or configuring users' browsers.
- If configured in forward proxy mode, the Barracuda Web Security Gateway can use standard proxy authentication in which browsers send the authentication credentials in the HTTP headers. This form of authentication can require a one-time configuration of users' web browsers. Proxy authentication is not compatible with the Barracuda Web Security Gateway while running in transparent mode.
If I have a proxy server in my network, how would I deploy the Barracuda Web Security Gateway?
The Barracuda Web Security Gateway can work with your proxy server either as a cascading proxy server or in transparent mode. We normally recommend replacing a proxy server with the Barracuda Web Security Gateway.
Can the Barracuda Web Security Gateway operate in VLAN environments?
Yes. The Barracuda Web Security Gateway is fully compatible with VLAN environments.
Download the Barracuda Networks Web Security Gateway Data Sheet (.PDF)
- Please Note: Energize Updates and Instant Replacement Subscriptions need to be maintained for every Barracuda Product. All subscriptions are continuous and must start from the date of activation. Renewals purchases are continuous and start from the date of expiration of your current subscriptions. No exceptions.
- Benefitis of Energize Updates:
- Basic Support, which includes email support 24x7 and phone support between the hours of 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday through Friday in the US (Pacific Time), Japan, China, Austria and the United Kingdom time zones.
- Firmware Maintenance which includes new firmware updates with feature enhancements and bug fixes.
- Security Updates to patch or repair any security vulnerabilities.
- Optional participation in the Barracuda Early Release Firmware program.
- Benefits of Instant Replacement:
- Enhanced Support which provides phone and email support 24x7.
- Data migration service for Barracuda Spam & Virus Firewalls. Barracuda Networks will assist movement of data and configuration from the old product to the new product if the old data is accessible.
- Data recovery service for Barracuda Backup Servers. In the event of a disaster and upon request, Barracuda Networks will preload the most recent data and configuration stored by Barracuda Networks to the new product (note this may take additional time).
- Hard Disk replacement on Barracuda Networks models that have swappable raid drives. Barracuda Networks will ship via standard shipping a hard disk replacement. Customer must return the failed hard disk to Barracuda Networks.
Call For Lowest Price!
Our Price: $7,524.00
Our Price: $6,384.00
Our Price: $5,130.00
Our Price: $5,814.00
Call For Lowest Price!